Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lucky Us!

Jerel and I sure got some cute kids!  It makes it even more fun to make things for them.  Sewing for Zay is a bit trickier because so many handmade things are girly, but occasionally I come up with something suitable.  This was the first pair of jeans he wore a hole through.  I thought it was adorably little boyish, but as the hole grew rapidly I figured I better fix it up.  So here's the before & after.  You can't see it in the pictures, but the whales are sewn on with a decorative contrasting stitch in red.  Jeans with a hole + $3.88 walmart shirt:

And here's what I did for Eliza today.  A couple of my old shirts from the short-and-wide-shirts-are-in-style period of several years ago turned into a ruffly skirt, matching diaper cover, and coordinating hair clips:



(By the way, I had several pictures where she had her cute little smile, but I thought her odd expression in this one was darling!)

No comments: