Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 7 (I think)


I've sort of lost track of how many weeks it's been, but the last picture said week 6 so we must be somewhere around week 7 now.  Main difference is there's a roof now; still no windows.  (I'm dying for windows so my kids won't fall out when they're running around in the house.)

Here's the upstairs bonus room or bonus floor or play room or whatever you want to call it.  It's 800 square feet, which we chose not to divide into rooms.  We plan to use it (at this point) as a play room for the kids.  I originally planned to use an extra bedroom as my sewing room, but the reality is that the kids go wherever I go.  If I do it that way, I'll have them dragging toys into my small sewing room.  So instead I'm going to use a corner of the playroom (with 800 square feet, they should be able to sacrifice a bit of it for their mom) for my sewing area.  I want to get shelves with doors, or cabinets or something, because a lot of my stuff still needs to be locked up with them as small as they are.

The kids' favorite part is that there are puddles in the house.  


Here's Zay in his new room.  Jerel's still a little disgruntled that Isaiah's room is slightly smaller than the one I chose for Eliza, but I really had no choice; the one I chose for Eliza has a larger window and if she's going to be doing her makeup in there she'll need as much natural lighting as possible.  See, my hands were tied...
And here's the back view (ours is on the left).  We sit slightly higher than the house next to us, and theirs doesn't have the bonus floor, so we're definitely the tallest one around.

No comments: