Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nose meets floor

We don't have a true hearth in front of our fireplace, it's just like a marble slab that's about an inch higher than the rest of the floor. ZayZay fell down and instead of breaking his fall with his hands, he broke it with his nose right on the edge of the hearth thing. It was all bruised and swollen and there was definitely some screaming. I called the doctor because Jerel thought it might be broken and the doctor said that ya, it sounded like it might be, but even if it was they don't do anything about it anyway. Poor little guy, I feel his pain. My niece Elise broke my nose when she was only a year old. We went to the doctor because it was all crooked and the doctor said "Well sometimes you just think it's crooked when really it's always been that way." So he asked to see my drivers license picture to compare and he said "Hmm, yep it's definitely more crooked now, that's too bad." I even made mom take me to an ENT place to see if they'd fix it but they wouldn't. 12 years later it doesn't seem to matter much, there are several things on my list of cosmetic procedures I'd like to have done someday when I'm rich that rank higher than getting my nose straightened!

No comments: