Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Made-up Holiday!

That is what Jerel said when we woke up on Valentine's Day. What a romantic he is...Jerel likes Valentine's Day just about as much as he likes JoAnn Fabrics (which he calls The Evil Store). Fortunately he likes me more than he hates Valentine's Day so he gives in and celebrates it. Well, maybe not celebrate, but at least acknowledge.

Jerel took me to dinner at Salty's, my favorite seafood restaurant. It's on the Columbia River. Wait, maybe it's the Wilamette River. One of those. Anyway, gorgeous view and fabulous food! Jerel had some kind of chicken thing and I had salmon. It was tasty, although as I told Jerel, nothing is as good as my Grandpa's salmon cooked on the grill! We had a good time, except for when I had the waitress take a picture of us, then Jerel was cranky. But seriously, if I put on makeup AND comb my hair all on the same day then I expect to at least have a picture to prove it!

In return for Jerel taking me to this super fancy place, next week I'm going to take him to Red Robin for his free birthday burger because I'm nice and generous like that.

2 comments:

Ellura said...

Plus, you got a rose. What more can you ask for! You look great by the way.

Bambi and Jack said...

That's a great picture of the 2 of you! I want a copy!!!!