Friday, February 6, 2009

I think I'll go eat some worms...

You know, as in "nobody likes me, everybody hates me." So I was chatting with Monroe (my nephew, age 3) who is coming to visit tomorrow. Here's the transcript:

ME: Are you so excited to come visit tomorrow?
MONROE: Yes.
ME: Who are you more excited to see--Aunt Mandy or Uncle Jerel?
[Theresa yelling in background "Monroe, say Aunt Mandy! Say Aunt Mandy!"]
MONROE: Jerel!

You can't win 'em all! Still I am excited to see them. Eve will get to come to my Primary class on Sunday, and maybe Monroe too if he doesn't want to go with the Sunbeams.

As a side note, one of my all-time favorite Primary students, Grant, who's been in my class for over a year, is moving to Idaho. I sure will be sad to see him go! He is one of the few in the class who gets that I'm sarcastic all the time. For example last week we were going to watch a short video about Joseph Smith and the kids asked what movie it was. I said "Transformers" and they all said "Yeah!" except for Grant who just laughed and said "No, that is not a church-watching movie." He's on to me and my silliness. Also last Sunday I was asking them lots of questions and instead of each time just saying "raise your hand if you know the answer" I was saying "raise your foot" or "raise your thumb" or "raise your eyebrow" and at one point I couldn't come up with anymore ideas. Grant helped me out by suggesting "I know, how about raise your middle finger" complete with a demonstration. They all tried it but decided it required too much coordination...Anyway, you can see why I'll miss the little guy. And his mom too. She has been a sincere friend but if I write about that I'll cry and that won't be as funny for readers of this blog.

Check back this weekend for more posts. I'm guessing with Eve and Monroe around something blog-worthy is bound to happen!

No comments: