Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Think We'll Just Have ONE Kid


This is cute Monroe. Don't be deceived by the receding hairline, he is really only 3. My favorite thing was on Sunday. He didn't want to go to Sunbeams so I told him he could come to my class. But no, he wanted to go to the "baby class" because they get to play with toys. So even though he's too old they let him go. It cracks me up because some kids, if you suggest the "baby class" they'll say "no way, I'm a big kid." Not Monroe.


This one is Eve. She's 5 now and highly entertaining. After church on Sunday one of the little girls from my class came to our house because her parents were sick. She and Eve played for several hours while Theresa & I worked on receiving blankets and burp cloths for Clara (due in 17 days).

Saturday evening we went to Out of This World Pizza and the kids had a great time playing on all the toys and not eating the over-priced pizza. After a few hours we took Uncle Jerel home and then we went to the "Doughnut Factory" which is Krispy Kreme. Eve had a near-death experience when we told her she could only eat one doughnut that night, but she ended up pulling through and surviving. It was especially fun when we went to leave and realized Theresa had locked her keys in the car...She said "Gosh, I haven't done that in a long time" which I think means like 4 months.

The kids and I went inside to wait and Monroe was hilarious. He thought he had sole ownership of the ledge where the kids watch the doughnuts and he wouldn't let anyone else go past him. So this other kid tried to kind of push past him and Monroe turned into a drama queen and did this fake fall where he rolled over and then started fake crying and looked at us to yell at the other kid. Which we didn't because the other kid barely touched him! I think he must've snuck and watched WWE with Jerel to learn fake injury moves like that. If Jerel had been there I would've said my newly-learned basketball phrase "Did you see that? He was totally trying to draw the charge." I don't really know what it means, but something about trying to get the other guy in trouble for knocking you over.

Anyway, we had a fun time but it sure wore me out!

No comments: