Monday, January 17, 2011

Girls are weird

So I've been trying to do my duty as a mother of a little girl and put these silly headbands and bows and ribbons and flowers and other such nonsense on her head all the time. But I must not know how to use them because they're always falling off. I put her down for a nap with the headband securely resting in its proper location on her forehead and when I went to check on her this is what it looked like. It reminded me of Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge from Star Trek: The Next Generation because he wore that weird visor thing over his eyes which I always thought (in my 1980's childhood) looked like a banana clip. {Please note that although I remembered "that banana clip guy from Star Trek" I didn't really know the name of the character. In the interest of making my blog a bit more sensical to those of my readers who might not know right off who "that banana clip guy from Star Trek" is I decided to do a little research and actually find out his name. You're welcome. Also please note that the only similarity between Eliza and LaForge seems to be that they both wear hair accessories over their eyes. Eliza is not actually blind, helmsman of the USS Enterprise, or black.}
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tammy and Mike said...

I used to hold a banana clip over my eyes while singing the Reading Rainbow theme song. Seriously.