Thursday, September 10, 2009

Isaiah's Baby Blessing

 
Here is a picture of Isaiah and his dad before his blessing on Sunday. It was nice to have a day set aside to express our gratitude for having Isaiah in our family and also for Isaiah to receive a special blessing. Jerel performed the blessing with Isaiah surrounded by both grandfathers, five uncles, and our bishop. Jerel gave a sweet blessing and baby Isaiah didn't even cry. I was also glad that Jerel didn't do one of those ridiculous 10-minute long show off the baby displays...Traditionally after the father blesses the baby, he sort of holds it up for the congregation to see. I'm fine with that, but sometimes the dads think their kids are super cute and hold it up there for-evvvvv-er until they think they've heard enough oohs and ahhs. I'm not really sure why it bugs me. But Jerel just did a quick "here is he" and then came back to sit down. Perfect. Also, I've been planning for several months what Jerel should wear on the baby blessing day. (We had a precious white outfit for Isaiah but everyone else just wears whatever). I had the ideal outfit selected but then I decided that would be rude or silly or something for me to tell my husband what to wear. Plus it might lead to the whole argument where Jerel says boys don't wear "outfits" even if it is a matching set that came together. Anyway, I must have been thinking really loud about what I secretly wanted him to wear because that's what he put on--even the tie I had selected!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: