Sunday, September 6, 2009

What happened to Charlie?

 This is Jerel's sister's son Isaac. He asked Karee, "I thought the baby's name was going to be Charlie?" and Karee told him that Charlie is Isaiah's middle name. So Isaac says "I . . . sai . . . ah . . . I don't hear 'Charlie' anywhere in that name." So just to clarify, his name is Isaiah. He has two middle names--Charles (Mandy's paternal grandfather) and Bernard (Jerel's paternal grandfather & also Jerel's middle name). We each have a great deal of love and respect for our grandfathers and hope that as Isaiah gets older he will learn about them and have a desire to develop the strength of character they both had. Also, just to give everyone fair warning, Jerel is strictly anti-nickname so if you want to stay on his good side you'll call the baby Isaiah. Although when I agreed to name him Isaiah instead of Charles it was with the stipulation that I could occasionally call him Charlie and my grandma can call him Charlie all she wants. All that said, I currently call him Burrito . . .

Anyway, this picture is of a tower Isaac built with some blocks we have. It was so tall and he followed the instructions all by himself. We are so proud of how smart he is getting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: