Thursday, September 10, 2009

Two-month checkup

 Today we took Isaiah in for his two-month checkup. He now weighs in at 12 1/2 pounds and he's officially hit the 2-foot mark ("2-foot" meaning 24 inches. He's had 2 feet all along). If I remember correctly his height is 85th percentile and his weight is 65th. His head is below 50th percentile now, which Jerel immediately assumed means he will not be smart because there won't be room for a good brain. Of course Jerel was already worried about that since he's been trying to teach Isaiah how to count to ten for a full month now with no noticeable results...He is also trying to teach him how to tie a tie. Apparently Isaiah's preference is the Single Windsor knot in case anyone was wondering.

The poor baby got his vaccinations today. It was the last thing they did before we left and I decided to sit in the back seat with him for the drive home. We'd forgotten his pacifier and I knew he would scream the whole way home. Truth be told, I sat in the back next to him and held his hand while he slept peacefully. I guess the shots traumatized me more than him.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wendy Burnside said...

I am so so so happy to see you and with a little bundle of joy no less. I had been trying to find you on facebook with no luck. Too many Amanda's - then I got the idea of Tabitha and found her tonight. I found your blog. You look amazing. I am so happy for you. My email is wendyburnside@msn.com. Send me a note.