Thursday, July 29, 2010

Over the river and through the woods

to grandma Atkinson's house we go!  Jerel drove all night to minimize the amount of baby screaming we'd have to hear.  It worked fairly well, Isaiah slept all but about 3 of the 12 hours.  I keep crossing my fingers that pretty soon we'll be insanely wealthy and able to fly instead of drive, but it hasn't happened yet.  Apparently Intel doesn't give out 600% raises, so for now we'll be driving.  I sat in the front seat, and sometime during the night I was looking at the empty backseat next to Isaiah and it looked a lot more roomy than my front seat (I can't put my seat back all the way, or recline it at all, because Zay's carseat is behind me).  So I moved to the back seat and spent the rest of the trip looking at the roomy front seat that I should've stayed in.  Oh well, we made it.  Jerel drives the whole time because he can't stand my driving (I don't blame him, I'm not a good driver at all).  When we got to Utah, Jerel stayed up with Isaiah while I took a five hour nap . . . I know, I'm so selfless!

No comments: