Thursday, July 29, 2010

Speaking of head trauma

Well, we avoided head trauma during the haircut, but weren't so lucky later on.  We spent Monday night up at sister-in-law Amy's grandma's old house in Heber.  Nope, not Heber, but somewhere close to that.  Isaiah landed eye-first on a cement flower pot and got a nice bruise/scrape along his eye socket.  All I can say is I'm glad it happened on Jerel's watch and not mine...see, Jerel is always worried about Isaiah getting hurt and I'm a bit more relaxed about it.  It's not uncommon for Isaiah to be sitting on my lap on the couch and make a slight wiggle and have Jerel yell and jump across the room to catch him in case he might fall.  Jerel's also good at explaining what he was preventing. It's not just "he might have fallen" but "He almost fell off and landed right on his head and cracked his skull open and had to be rushed to the ER and spend a week in the hospital."  I've tried to explain to Jerel that this is called "catastrophizing" but he's holding firm to his belief that he has legitimately saved Isaiah's life at least 8 million times :)  Anyway, it's not like I'm glad ZayZay got hurt, I'm just glad it didn't happen while I was watching him because that would just verify Jerel's unspoken belief that I don't watch him closely enough!

1 comment:

rickandivy said...

he is just trying to be cool like his cousin Cooper. I don't think Zay is going to have as cool of a scar.

Also your blog looks awesome. I'm going to have to step up my game.